BUMAX® ULTRA is the strongest fastener on the market and is frequently used to replace high strength carbon steel fasteners in critical applications.
The strongest fastener on the market – and it is stainless
BUMAX® ULTRA achieves its super high strength from unique strain hardening and precipitation hardening manufactured using Nobel Prize winning Quasi-Crystalline Precipitate technology. This method has been specifically designed for applications where ultra-high strength combined with high ductility is required in the final product.
The very high strength to weight ratio in combination with good formability and ductility make it a very attractive fastener alternative to other lightweight materials, e.g. Titanium. BUMAX® ULTRA also has a corrosion resistance comparable with 316L (A4) and can be used at service temperatures between -50 and 400°C with retained mechanical properties.
Advanced engineering grade for extreme applications
Despite being a stainless steel, BUMAX® ULTRA is frequently used to replace high strength carbon steel fasteners in critical applications with extreme requirements on strength and ductility.
All fasteners in BUMAX® ULTRA are custom made to meet the requirements of individual applications and can be delivered with different mechanical properties, with a tensile strength exceeding 1,700 MPa. BUMAX® ULTRA is an advanced engineering grade and BUMAX provides close technical support in order to develop an end solution that fully meets customer requirements.
- Extreme strength– providing opportunities to downsize and design new lightweight options at lower cost.
- Excellent weight to strength ratio.
- Excellent fatigue and ductility properties– despite its high tensile strength, BUMAX® ULTRA offers excellent fatigue and ductility properties compared with other high strength fastener materials.
- Good corrosion resistance– in most environments, comparable with 316L (A4).
- Low thermal expansion.
- Retained mechanical properties– at elevated temperatures.
- Excellent relaxation properties.
- All our products offer full traceability.
Benefits of high strength fasteners
- Reduced size and weight.
- Reduced number of fasteners needed.
- Smaller screw joints.
- Compact designs.
- Increased clamping force.
- Increased safety.
Order BUMAX® ULTRA
Contact us to find out more about BUMAX® Ultra, and how the grade can benefit your applications.